Dirty Black Summer
|Thesaurusus vs. the Leotard|
(I realize this mix would have been more poignant if I'd posted it on August 1st as opposed to August 29th, but who are you, what gives you the right to criticize the Timing of the Blogger?)
1. "Kneel to the Cross" by Agalloch. Never heard the Sol Invictus version, but this version is why God made drunky-trunk angels.
2. "Dirty Black Summer" by Danzig. Listen to this song with your dick in somethin'.
3. "Black Seeds of Vengeance" by Nile. BLACK! SEEDS! UV VENGEANCE! That part is trance-inducing.
4. "The Summer Funeral" by Sigh. Holy shit, my girlfriend was right and I never realized. The singer of Sigh is a lady!
5. "Dedicated to Destruction" by Ride For Revenge. BLECH! BLECH! BLECH! BLECH!
6. "Hellz Wind Staff" by Wu-Tang Clan. Watch "The Wire."
7. "Carnival Leftovers" by Entombed. Pretty sure this song was inspired by this scene.
8. "Bring Me the Head of the Preacher Man" by Siouxsie and the Banshees. Would.
9. "Acrid Plains" by Saros. Sure-os.
10. "How Soon is Now?" by The Smiths. Also would.
11. "I Am the Earth" by Watain. You see what I did there? Get it? No? Then just look at this.
12. "Old Glory" by Harvey Milk. One of their best songs. Sorry about the low kbps. It still sounds awesome, though.
13. "The Devil's Deadly Weapon" by Hell. You don't have to break new ground to rule.
14. "New Morning" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. It just felt right. Especially when you consider that Kent got me into Nick Cave so many years ago. He burned me "Murder Ballads" and the van I was borrowing off of him also had Greg's copy of Rain Dogs in it, so I got into both of those records on the same lonely drive.
Get ready for 4Kent Vol. 4 . . .